United States - Notary Services

USA - pexels-photo-532820.jpeg

Notary Services for the United States

Notarization for documents to be used in the United States of America can be done at the consulate in Toronto:

360 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4
Phone: 416.595.1700

Emergency Contact:

Monday through Friday 9 to 5, please call 416-595-6506 or send them an email to TorontoPassport@state.gov.

If you are an American citizen with an after hours emergency, please call their answering service at 416-201-4056.

If your American document permits notarization by a Notary Public, then we can help!

The range of documents which we typically see from clients with United States documents to be notarized at Brampton Notary Services are:

  • Quit claim deeds
  • Warranty deeds
  • Time share sale and purchase documents
  • Affidavits  
  • Powers of Attorney including Durable Powers of Attorney
  • Letters of authorisation
  • Letters of consent
  • Documents in relation to property transfers and mortgages.

Issuance of a passport to a minor is also a common form which needs to be notarized, this form is currently called a D2-3053 ‘statement of consent’.  Click here for a link to the US State Department where you can download the form.

Forms of Notary Public Acknowledgments

Clients and lawyers in the United States often ask us what are the forms of ‘Ontario Notary Acknowledgments’, ‘Notary Statements for Ontario’ and ‘Notary Acknowledgement Forms Ontario’.   The simple answer to this is that they are largely the same as in the United States, except that ‘state’ should be changed to ‘Canada’ and ‘county’ should be changed to ‘Town/City’.   Jurats are also fine to remain in the format used for notaries in the US.

We have helped hundreds of American and non-American citizens with their United States Notary requirements.